Dt. Kanika Khanna is a professional Weight Gain Dietitian in Delhi having 14+ years of experience. We are known as Best Weight Gain Diet Consultant in Delhi. So, You can visit Top Most Verified Weight Gain Diet Clinic in Delhi. Book Appointment Online for Weight Gain Diet in Delhi.
Weight Gain Diet Consultant in Delhi, Dietitian for Weight Gain in Delhi, Nutritionist for Weight Gain in Delhi, Dietician for Weight Gain in Delhi. Being underweight can be just as unhealthy as being obese, lets learn how?
Are you under confident!! Because of your weight, and looking out for a help then relax!! Dietofy can be one stop solution for all the problems, weather its weight gain or weight loss.
We at Dietofy do a series of health assessment to assess your body and to understand the root cause of undernourishment so that we can design a weight gain plan for not just by increasing calories but by healing the deficiencies to get the sustainable results.
Our team take rigorous follow-up in the beginning of 10 days later on we do take follow-up on every alternate days. We make sure to gain few kg in the beginning of the program itself.
Overweight or underweight, both conditions are not good for our body. Being underweight can also impair your immune function, raise your risk of infections, lead to cause measure problems like fractures and cause fertility problems.
Being underweight is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) below 18.5
Risks of being underweight
There are many health risks relating to low body weight. In many cases, being underweight is due to a poor diet. This can cause malnutrition, which has risks of its own. For example, a deficiency in vitamin D can have a negative impact on bone health.
The waist is key because tummy fat can be more serious and put you at a greater risk of things like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.
A diet too low in calories can cause:
• hair and skin issues
Being underweight can also lead to:
• a weakened immune system
• an eating disorder
• developmental issues
• increased risk of infection
Causes of being Underweight
There are several medical conditions that can cause unhealthy weight loss, including:
• Eating disorders: This includes anorexia nervosa, a serious mental disorder.
• Thyroid problems: Having an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can boost metabolism and cause unhealthy weight loss.
• Celiac disease: The most severe form of gluten intolerance. Most people with doesn't aware about their issues.
• IBS: Body doesn't able to absorbs the nutrients, as per the requirement.
• Cancer: Cancerous tumors often burn large amounts of calories and can cause someone to lose a lot of weight.
• Infections: Certain infections can cause someone to become severely underweight. This includes parasites, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
• Diabetes: Having uncontrolled diabetes (mainly type 1) can lead to severe weight loss.
• Low levels of Iron and few vitamins
Things to be take care:
Eat five to six meals a day
Eating at least five meals a day can make it easier to increase calorie intake. Snacking between meals can also help to increase the number of calories in the diet.
Weight training at least three times a week will aid in gaining and maintaining lean muscle mass, also essential to healthy weight gain. People who work out regularly must pay attention to their calorie intake to ensure that you are providing body with sufficient fuel.
Eat enough protein
Muscle is made of protein and without it most of those extra calories may end up as body fat.A diet with the right amount of protein will support muscle growth. In combination with regular weight training, consuming 0.8–2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight will increase a person's muscle mass. This is essential to healthy weight gain. Tke proteins under the supervision of your dietician.
High-protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet.
Eat meals with fibrous carbohydrates and healthful fats
Eat plenty of high-carb and high-fat foods if weight gain is a priority for you. It is best to eat plenty of protein, fat and carbs at each meal provided you are not having diabetes.
These foods provide an essential energy source to maintain a regular exercise regime, and to support muscle growth. People should use whole-food sources of carbohydrates, such as brown rice and beans, rather than refined and processed sources.
Unhealthful fats include saturated fats and trans fats.
A healthful diet should limit saturated fats and avoid added trans fats. Make sure to eat at least three meals per day and try to add in energy-dense snacks whenever possible.
Here are some energy-dense foods that are perfect for gaining weight:
• Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
• Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
• High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
• Fats and oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
• Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
• Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
• Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
• Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail mixes.
• Diet should be rich in fruits & veggies; to fulfil the requirement of vitamins & minerals
What we should not
Giving up too quickly
Safe weight gain can require patience and determination. It is not always possible to see results immediately. Everyone is different, and it may take longer for some people than for others.
Tips to Gain Weight
Combining a high calorie intake with heavy strength training are the two most important factors.
1. Don't drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.
2. Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can.
3. Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
4. Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you're trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
5. Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
6. Get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
7. Eat your protein first and vegetables last. If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first. Eat the vegetables last.
8. Don't smoke. Smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers, and quitting smoking often leads to weight gain.
9. Many of these foods are very filling, and sometimes you may need to force yourself to keep eating even if you feel full.
10. It may be a good idea to avoid eating a ton of vegetables if gaining weight is a priority for you. It simply leaves less room for energy-dense foods.
11. Eating whole fruit is fine, but try to emphasize fruit that doesn't require too much chewing, such as bananas.